TrainDriver.Org

TEA-Occ Tests

Welcome Forums Recruitment Advice TEA-Occ Tests

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ralph25
    Participant

Hi,

I’m preparing for the trainee train driver test and have the practice pack from the toc but wanted to know if there are any more practice tests on this?

Cheers,
    Ralph

Steve
    Participant

Hi Ralph, welcome.

Are you referring to this test: goo.gl/yFKz33

‘For this test, you will be required to search for fictional phone directories and relevant symbols. You will be given an area code to find which needs to match a particular symbol. Searching the data, you must count how many items have both that symbol and area code. For example, if you are asked to find all the bars with the area code (01947); you must only count the items with the symbol for bars and that area code.’

This is a free download for it which will provide you some practice 😄

It’s not exactly the same but it helped me 😄 I found it useful to play tones in the background from YouTube to count while I practiced these. You’ll probably have to do tone counting too.

Also, which TOC are you applying to?

Steve

Steve
    Participant

Hi Ralph, the working link for the download is here 😄

Ralph25
    Participant

Thanks Steve. Yes, very helpful!

I’m applying to south west trains. Had this list from them of the tests I’ll be taking:

Trainability for Rules and procedures
    Tea OCC paper test
    ATAVT
    The 2hand coordination test
    Group Bourdon concentration test
    Test of Vigilance (WAFV)
    Written communication test
    Colour vision

Any advice for these too? I guess I should just keep practising with the pack they sent me? Will this be enough?

Steve
    Participant

Hi Ralph,

Glad it was helpful.

They are all the tests you’d expect to take.

Admin – might be worth creating a tests page with links to all of the practice tests as a resource?

I saw SWT were recruiting for rail operators, congrats on getting through the application stage.

admin
    Keymaster

Good idea Steve. A Train Tests Resource with download links has been created.

Feel free to comment with any advice or links you may have.

Admin

Ralph25
    Participant

Thanks for all your help. Yes, I am really chuffed. I was expecting it to take me 1-2 years before getting to this stage as I’ve read other people’s stories. Just one other question, do you know if this test is taken on the computer or is it paper based?

Steve
    Participant

No problem 😄 The TEA-OCC test with SWT is paper based.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.